Re: OT (Kind of): Determining whether Locales are left-to-right or

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 14:35:42 EST

John,

I wasn't thinking about a,b,c so much as the headings in the results
table and the ordering of the data in the fields: country, state, name

Where I have seen Hebrew or Arabic tables the heading order
changes from LTR to RTL, and so you would want the data
returned from the query to be in the same order. Hence the
need for the columns of the query to be switched around.

tex

--
According to Murphy, nothing goes according to Hoyle.
Tex Texin                      Director, International Business

http://www.Progress.com #1 Embedded Database

Globalization Program http://www.Progress.com/partners/globalization.htm ---------------------------------------------------------------------------