Re: operating system support

From: Doug Ewell (
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 01:53:55 EST

sreekant <>, a.k.a. "Devarakonda," wrote:

> How far is the operating system support necessary for characters to
> appear on the browser?I am using Windows NT 4.0 and I have Telugu
> font installed on my machine but when I am trying to print the same
> using a servlet with the http header charset="UTF-8" i am seeing boxes
> and not the characters.
> But windows NT does provide support for some asian characters as well
> as I have been informed .Then what is the problem.

Please visit

You can also get to this page by starting at and
clicking on "Display Problems?"

Anyone who has problems displaying characters on your browser (or
elsewhere), please check this page before asking the list!

This is no longer merely "a" Frequently Asked Question; it has become
THE Frequently Asked Question.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California