Bug in Bidi

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 05:11:58 EST

Dear Mark,

It seems that rules P1--P3 of the Unicode bidi algorithm (for determining
paragraph levels) don't make sense in some ways. I think that explicit
directional codes should also be counted in this. So RLO and RLE would
also be able to change the paragraph level to one, which is what a user
expects when she is using an otherwise left to right paragraph in
something like RLO. I know about the solution with RLM, but I think using
both RLO and RLM when an RLO will do is somehow bad. I feel this many
control codes spare.

Would you please comment on this?

--roozbeh