Re: [langue-fr] L'anglais est-il une langue universelle ?

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 16:17:47 EST

On 12/20/2000 02:08:03 PM "Tex Texin" wrote:

>Alain,
>ok, but why is this pertinent to this list and what is it you
>are asking Unicode to do or stop doing?

Assuming for the moment validity of the points presented, it is probably
best seen as a request for Unicode and those connected with it to keep
doing what they're doing: making it possible for IT systems to work with
written language regardless of the language or script, particularly in the
context of the Internet and WWW. Even if the points are not valid, I doubt
that few of us here would have problems pursuing that course of action.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>