Re: [langue-fr] L'anglais est-il une langue universelle ?

From: Elizabeth J. Pyatt (ejp10@psu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 09:11:25 EST

Alain:

I usually lurk, but I would like to throw in my two cents now.

For the record I am getting frustrated with your postings, NOT
because I don't think there Anglophone bigots in the world (I know
there are) BUT because I don't think the Unicode list is where they
"hang out."

The people at the Unicode are working very hard to develop standards
to make sure every possible language is fairly represented on the
Internet. Internationalization is technologically very difficult, and
as somewhat of an amateur, I commend their efforts to get all the
many details right.

To continually point out to THIS list that there are non-English
speakers in the world is redundant, and ultimately counterproductive.

So again, I ask - other than pointing out that there are non-English
speakers in North America and around the world, what message would
you like to send to Unicode?

Merci beaucoup.

Elizabeth J. Pyatt

Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.