Re: What about musical notation ?

From: Elaine Keown (keown@altavista.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 11:22:21 EST

Hello,

I think Mr. Garres means the western musical notation invented in the 1200s, which is very widely, if not universally, used today.

Unicode 3.0 actually already has at least 2 older forms of musical notation in the main Hebrew block and somewhere in the Arabic block---they are signs for chanting liturgically. These symbols are at least 1100 years old.

Elaine Keown

http://www.shopping.altavista.com