Re: Greek questions, on- and off-topic

From: Lukas Pietsch (
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 17:48:39 EST

That ypogegrammeni/prosgegrammeni thing keeps cropping up, it seems. Looks
like a real stumbling block. I learned a lot during a discussion we had
about it on this list a few months ago.

You may want to refer to the following paper on (ancient + modern) Greek
typesetting and Unicode:

There's some information both on the different ways of representing mute
iota, and on the use of uppercasing. It turns out that the range of variety
in printing traditions is much greater than many of us might have imagined
at first.

Lukas Pietsch