Re: Benefits of Unicode

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 00:32:29 EST

David,

Yes, Yes, I am struggling with this one. Standards do insure
interoperability within their scope... I hoped by using
"interpret" to indicate the text would be parsed properly and
not necessarily be referring to its display or other aspects.

I thought about, instead of reading, it could be transmitted and
received without loss, but didn't like that either.

I don't like "correctly" either. I thought it should be something
like "identically", but that is too strong.

I could make applications be "compliant applications".

Clearly, its being an ISO standard has value, so it deserves to
be a benefit. I'll see if I can improve this and capture its
significance
more aptly.

I am open to suggestions...
thanks for the comment.
tex

--
According to Murphy, nothing goes according to Hoyle.
Tex Texin                      Director, International Business

http://www.Progress.com #1 Embedded Database

Globalization Program http://www.Progress.com/partners/globalization.htm ---------------------------------------------------------------------------