Re: conversion of e-mail addresses

From: David Starner (
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 15:05:40 EST

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:26:02AM -0800, Marco Cimarosti wrote:
> Someone pointed me to this just a few days ago:
> Unluckily, the instructions are in Russian.

Why would you point to this converter? Assuming this is for Unix only,
(which is true as far as I can tell), iconv, GNU recode and konwert
are all better programs for most uses. In any case, if he needed a
text converter, it sounds like he's running Windows, so a source archive
is probably not the best solution for him.

David Starner -
Pointless website:
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and
laughs at me. In fact, I'd be rather honored." - Joseph_Greg