RE: conversion of e-mail addresses

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 13:50:36 EST

Rob Tonus wrote:
> I have floppy disk with addresses from another computer's
> e-mail (I was
> using the Microsoft e-mail system at the time).
>
> I want to drop the e-mail addresses I have in a WAB file into
> my current
> Lotus Notes e-mail program, but I've been told to convert it
> to unicode
> first.

Someone pointed me to this just a few days ago:
        http://freshmeat.net/projects/asrecod/
Unluckily, the instructions are in Russian.

However, I am not sure that this is what you need. This and other available
tools convert TEXT FILES from one character set to another. It is very
probably that your addresses file is NOT a text file, but rather some sort
of BINARY format.

So what you need to know is whether and how YOUR version of Lotus Notes is
able to import a contacts file from THAT e-mail system, and I bet that
Unicode has little or nothing to do with this.

Hoping this helps.
Marco Cimarosti