remapping devanagari

From: Pam Lothspeich (pamela@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 15:08:45 EST

Hello,

I am a new user of unicode for devanagari (Hindi) in Microsoft Word. I am
very impressed with this font, but I'm wondering if there is a way to remap
the keyboard, so that I don't have to use shortcut keys which require
multiple keystrokes in order to type devanagari.

Also, I noticed that not all of the roman diacriticals for devanagari are
available in independent form, requiring one to use the "spacing modifier
letters." Does anyone know if there are plans to make the roman
transliteration fonts more comprehensive?

Pam Lothspeich
Columbia University