Re: Perception that Unicode is 16-bit (was: Re: Surrogate space in

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 02:01:47 EST

128 wrongs don't make a right...
;-)
I see books and documents all the time that refer to writing out
ASCII files when they really mean plaintext. Usually they don't
know which code page they are generating.

ASCII is a very ambiguous term these days...
tex

--
According to Murphy, nothing goes according to Hoyle.
Tex Texin                      Director, International Business

http://www.Progress.com #1 Embedded Database

Globalization Program http://www.Progress.com/partners/globalization.htm ---------------------------------------------------------------------------