Re: Plain text in Java ResourceBundle

From: David Gallardo (dgallardo@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 11:11:18 EST

I should mention that in my previous message I was talking specifically
about Sun's tools.

More importantly, however, while the Java spec itself mentions that Java
uses Unicode as it's char type, in Strings, identifiers etc., it doesn't
specify the mechanics of how this works. Someone could develop a compiler
that accepts source files in UTF-8 or UTF-16 for example.

You don't specify whose tools you are using, so your compiler may have
different options that Sun's.

(I also failed to mention in my previous message that Sun's compiler, javac,
has a -encoding option. This will perform a native to Unicode conversion of
a source file at compile time.)