RE: Perception that Unicode is 16-bit (was: Re: Surrogate space i

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 11:20:05 EST

        I advocate taking it one step farther, and referring to Unicode as
"21 bits and counting". Sure, it should be a long long time before more
space is needed, but it's a good idea to prepare the audience now. After
all, pretty much every ceiling ever established in computing has been broken
through, and there is no reason to believe that it won't happen again!

/|/|ike