Re: Introducing uniengine technology

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 09:00:33 EST

On 02/25/2001 05:16:08 AM "William Overington" wrote:

>I am researching a concept that I am hoping to call a uniengine...

>The other commands are intended to include a comprehensive set of commands
>for certain graphics and other purposes, yet to be essentially a small set
>of easily implemented instructions in the hope that the uniengine
technique
>will be widely implemented.

Not happy with PostScript and other existing graphics formats?

>I feel that this is a useful development as many documents need to contain
>pictures and the use of a uniengine graphics system to describe them
within
>the unicode document using an open standard will be a useful alternative
>having to include a link to a separate graphics file.

Not happy with existing embedding technologies? Your codes would
effectively amount to binary data contained within document. There are
already ways of doing that. I don't see what the advantage is.

Hope you have fun with it, though. It sounds like an entertaining exercise
if nothing else.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>