Re: Klingon silliness

From: G. Adam Stanislav (
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 07:05:45 EST

At 03:13 27-02-2001 EST, wrote:
>Also, have we determined yet whether ANY existing character set standards,
>including those designed by Slovaks or Slovak speakers, includes a separate
>code point for "ch"?

No character set standard was ever designed by Slovaks. However, Slovak
linguists have always treated "ch" as a separate character. As they
do "dz" and "dz" with caron, but those are encoded in Unicode.

Anyway, it's a moot point now. As I said, I only mentioned that as
an example, not to restart the discussion.

I believe there are other *human* scripts that need to be encoded
in Unicode before Klingon (is Mayan encoded yet, for example?).

>There is no substance to this statement at all, only frustration and anger.

Frustration, yes. Anger, no.

Whiz Kid Technomagic - brand name computers for less.
See for details.