Re: Klingon silliness

From: G. Adam Stanislav (adam@whizkidtech.net)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 17:57:31 EST

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:19:27AM -0800, Rick McGowan wrote:
>If G. Adam wants to change the situation, it would be far more effective
>to work toward encoding some of the important minority scripts and
>increasing this list's traffic about important issues rather than
>complaining about Klingon.

Rick,

First of all, I am not complaining. I have just expressed an opinion,
and got a barrage of responses. All I wanted to do was point out there
are more important things than Klingon.

As for encoding some of the minority scripts: I am not an expert on them,
so I cannot help there. I can help with Slovak, but the only issue I had
there was the "ch" and we have discussed it in the past.

While I continue to disagree with the majority reaction, it is not
something I want to fight over.

And I *am* less enthused about Unicode than I used to be. Again, that
is not complaining. I'm sure there are enough people who continue to be
enthused about it and will continue working on it.

My personal lack of enthusiasm only means that while originally I was
going to work hard in having full Unicode support under FreeBSD, I have
abandoned any effort in that direction. But others work on it, I'm
sure.

Part of it is due to my deteriorating health. That has changed my
priorities: I am now more interested in taking care of myself than in
solving world's problems. I know this may sound selfish but I would
be of no use to anyone if I did not take care of myself first.

Cheers,
Adam

--
Suppose you were an idiot.