Re: Persian alphabet

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 18:14:00 EST

Actually, the issue here is that you are confusing several issues here.

First of all, "Arabic" keyboards on MS platforms relate to support for the
Arabic language, not Farsi/Persian. The Arabic script is one that contains
MANY languages, including one named Arabic. The confusion this causes is a
pain, and not just for MS products.

If you have a Windows 2000 machine and your user locale is set for Farsi (in
the Word case I think the text must be "tagged" as being Farsi as well, in
the Access case your sort order must be set appropriately), then you should
see Farsi data sort properly.

For prior versions, Farsi is not officially supported in any way, although
NT4 did have some locale information. Even Office 2000 officially states
Farsi as an unsupported locale choice if you are not on Windows 2000, which
kind of says it all.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.