Re: Microsoft Word Query

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 09:07:30 EST

On 03/19/2001 04:42:39 AM Sam Chapman wrote:

>Slightly off topic word query - I'd be grateful for any help or advice,
>
>I'm curious on how to extract Unicode information from Microsoft word, It
>appears to apply implicit conversions to numerous characters,
>
>e.g. 0x00BC '¼'
>is stored as
>0x0031, 0x002F, 0x0034 i.e. '1/4'

No, that's wrong. It's stored as 0x00BC. How did you conclude that it
stores "1/4"?

>Is there anyone out their who knows how to force word to extract the
>expected values as input and represented visually.

What do you mean by "extract"? Do you mean "export"? Or do you mean "show
me the actual Unicode scalar value for this character"?

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>