Re: Iranian Rial sign proposal

From: 11digitboy@bolt.com
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 20:27:00 EDT

If they don't put it in this minute, there is something
WRONG. It is a CURRENCY symbol, for Pete's sake! I
mean, DOLLAR SIGN is not LATIN LETTER S WITH STROKE....
And it is *UNI*code....

Oh. You didn't tell us whether it goes to the left
or to the right of the digits, did you?
And it is considerably more important than KAWAII MYRIADS
HEART (for counting pinball points).

*** JUUICHIKETAJIN ***

---- Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh@sharif.edu> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> You can find a proposal for encoding Iranian Rial
> sign in Unicode at:
>
> http://developer.sharif.edu/farsiweb/proposal/rial.html
>
> We really appreciate your ideas and comments. Please
> send them personally
> to me (or to the list if it may be benefical for
> others). I will send it
> to UTC for consideration after that.
>
> --roozbeh

Get your own FREE Bolt Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and
fax, all in one place - sign up at http://www.bolt.com