Re: Iranian Rial sign proposal

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 00:16:15 EDT

Robert,

More and more people are of the opinion with each message that if they do
not remove you from the Unicode List that there is in fact something wrong.

You need to stop this sort of nonsense. NEVER has the UTC refused to look at
a proposal, but do you think that somehow procedure is neglected merely
because someone thinks it is an "obvious" point?

This is a DISCUSSION list, and Roozbeh took it upon himself as a mature and
responsible member of the list to discuss the proposal he has. His post was
appropriate and I did in fact have the same concern that Doug mentioned in
relation to where the symbol might be encoded. This is of course why we
DISCUSS things.

YOUR response (on the other hand) was incredibly immature and irresponsible,
and serves for no purpose other than to remind us how wonderful it is to be
an adult.

Please try to post at least as many useful messages as you do irrelevant
ones that do nothing but annoy others.... obviously a better ratio would be
preferred but I think that anyone who can at least manage to have a 1:1
ratio here has a good chance of not being booted of the list for the sake of
POLLUTION CONTROL.

michka