Unicode -> Cp1252 Conversion

From: Suresh Babu Koya (skoya@quark.stpm.soft.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 15:04:24 EDT

Hi All,

   I am familiar with Java. Since Java is using Unicode I having having a
problem converting the Java Characters to their corresponding Ascii Values.
 I am having a program interacting with another system that has Code page
set to 1252.
 For interacting with this system I am using Corba 2.0. The problem I am
facing is Corba 2.0 doesn't support chars outside ASCII (0-255) but
characters starting from
 0x82 till 0x9F have their Unicode values outside the ASCII range.

 Can someone suggest me a better way to handle the data without any loss.
Any help is greatly appreciated .

Regards,
---Suresh