RE: Unicode -> Cp1252 Conversion

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 17:04:43 EDT

Suresh,

What about using Corba WChar? Sending the data to the Windows system as
Unicode has a distinct advantage. The problem with code page 1252 is that
there are two versions. The old one and the new one with Euro updates. If
you do the WideCharToMultiByte conversion on Windows you will get the proper
conversion for that specific system.

This will also let you support other scripts in the future.

Carl