Re: microsoft font link

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 10:14:13 EDT

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

> 1) It seems to me that Persian transcription of Unicode (in the very
> first running string of this site) is written wrong. Roozbeh Pournader
> can say it for

The Persian transcription of Unicode is:

        U+06CC U+0648 U+0646 U+06CC U+200C U+06A9 U+062F

or "Arabic Letter Farsi Yeh", "Arabic Letter Waw", "Arabic Letter Noon",
"Arabic Letter Farsi Yeh", "Zero Width Non-joiner", "Arabic Letter Keheh",
"Arabic letter Dal". None of your versions were exactly correct.

The rendering at the 'http://www.delphi-unicode.net/' is very wrong. For
the right version, see Mark's Unicode Transcriptions page. The Image
column should be always right. (The text column may be different: that's a
bug in your browser or the fonts installed on your system. Please ask the
vendor to get it right...)

roozbeh