Re: Opentype support under Liunx

From: Juliusz Chroboczek (jec@dcs.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 17:54:57 EDT

Dear William,

The author of Pango is Owen Taylor, and you can reach him as otaylor
at redhat.com.

I would very strongly suggest that you do so. Owen has been doing a
great job, and I personally have no doubt that Pango is the future of
multilingual text display under Unix-like systems. Adding support for
Burmese to Pango is the best way to ensure that future applications
will support your language.

OpenType is but one of the ways to go. I believe that Owen is the
best person to ask about advice.

Regards,

                                        Juliusz

P.S. Sarasvati, it looks like I'm banned from posting to the Unicode
list. Any chance you could look into it?