Re: Fw: Monotype Hong Kong Extension mapping

From: Kevin Bracey (kevin.bracey@pace.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 05:19:47 EST

In message <002101c16cd3$db9e79e0$2d09c8c0@itfsb.com>
          "Mohammad Azadnia" <azadnia@itrc.ac.ir> wrote:

> Attached is the mapping used by our Hong-Kong-based affiliate, China
> Type Design. If you have any questions about it, please write to me
> directly.

Thankyou, that's useful. It covers about 300 of the 400-odd characters,
and appears only to reference Unicode 2.0. Working through it, I reckon
about half of the remaining characters can be mapped to Extension A or B.
I'll post my results when I'm finished.

I've also been working on the rest of the Big 5 mapping - neither of the
other two sources I've seen, Adams & Jenkins' 0.0d3 and Microsoft's CP950
seem entirely satisfactory.

Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518566
645 Newmarket Road                            Fax: +44 (0) 1223 518526
Cambridge, CB5 8PB, United Kingdom            WWW: http://www.pace.co.uk/