Re: Vertical scripts (was: Tategaki (was: Re: Updated...))

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 11:19:30 EST

Marco Cimarosti wrote:
> I see a big difference between the two cases.
>
> Right-to-left vs. left-to-right are attributes of arbitrary *spans* of text,
> which can easily be mixed within the same paragraph.
>
> On the other hand, horizontal vs. vertical are attributes that can be only
> be applied to a whole paragraph or section.

Marco, is that true? I thought that sometimes numbers for example "123."
might be written horizontally in the middle of a vertical run.
  123.

tex

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html