New plane 1 page for testing your browsers

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 00:05:24 EST

Thanks to James Kass, we have a new version of the Unicode examples for
plane 1, that uses UTF-8, instead of NCRs.

So the following link is to the original page that is code page
"x-user-defined" and uses NCRs for supplementary characters:

http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example-plane1.html

It contains a link to the following page, which is code page "UTF-8" and
uses UTF-8 for supplementary characters:

http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-plane1-utf8.html

The text in the tables should be the same on both pages, but your
browser mileage may (more likely will) vary.

Neither Netscape or IE support supplementary UTF-8.
I haven't tried it but James reports that Opera 6.0 displays the Gothic
fine, the Etruscan is backwards (so the right to left direction is not
working) and the Deseret is not yet supported. Still, Opera leads the
pack. I would be glad to receive reports on other browsers and will
update the page as time allows.

tex