Re: New plane 1 page for testing your browsers

From: Martin Duerst (duerst@w3.org)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 04:25:05 EST

At 21:44 02/01/06 -0800, James Kass wrote:

>Martin Duerst wrote,

> > (I wrote,)
> > It would be perfectly correct and might even allow the page to
> > sport one of those "valid-HTML" gifs from W3.
>
>But it doesn't. Just tried changing the charset on an NCR Deseret test
>page from UTF-8 to US-ASCII. Both charsets fail on the W3 validator
>because the NCRs are out of any recognized range.

This bug has now been fixed in the test version. If you use

http://validator.w3.org:8188/,
it will validate correctly. The NCR errors are also gone from
Tex's page, but that page still has quite a few other problems.

If somebody has a page with plane-1 characters in hexadecimal
NCRs, please check it, too, and tell me whether the validator
works for these or not.

Regard, Martin.