Re: POSITIVELY MUST READ! Bytext is here!

From: DougEwell2@cs.com
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 17:54:39 EST

In a message dated 2002-01-26 5:46:37 Pacific Standard Time,
everson@evertype.com writes:

> I'm surprised you all went for it.

Well, I was curious, sort of like a passing motorist who slows down to see
the aftermath of a collision.

The same thing happened when someone announced that TRON was going to destroy
Unicode and take over the world. I had to take a look, at least.

One of my favorite parts of Bytext was the section on Emoticons. Certainly,
one thing that a "serious competitor" to Unicode must have is "a rich set of
emoticons as single characters." I've always felt the UTC was badly out of
touch with the user community by neglecting to encode TIRED-BORED FACE, QUESY
[sic] FACE, YUKKY FACE, and DROOLING FACE.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California