Re: Variation Selection (Was Re: Unicode 3.2: BETA files updated)

From: Mark Davis \(jtcsv\) (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 13:00:43 EST

Sorry, I guess not all mailers handle embedded graphics in HTML messages. I
posted it so that you could see the graphics, on

http://www.macchiato.com/utc/variation_selection/variation_selection_followu
p.htm

It is *not* exactly the same. I added and rearranged the concrete examples
at the very end. I think those last examples of the font are key to this
issue: depending on which we say conformantly support the variation sequence
will help determine how we handle this issue.

I also posted my previous paper, although my thinking has changed a bit
since then, particularly on the 'tightness' of the description -- the
paragraph containing "Suppose a glyph has a slash with an angle of 32° from
vertical."

 http://www.macchiato.com/utc/variation_selection/variation_selection.htm

Mark
—————

Πόλλ’ ἠπίστατο ἔργα, κακῶς δ’ ἠπίστατο πάντα — Ὁμήρου Μαργίτῃ
[For transliteration, see http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/tr]

http://www.macchiato.com