RE: Questions about Unicode history

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 04:36:16 EST

Thank you all for all the precious answers that I am receiving publicly and
privately.

I am collecting enough material to write a book about the history of
encoding, rather than just a short article about Unicode!

I think that much of this material has general interest, so I will post a
RESUME of all the answers as soon as I see that the thread has expired.

*** I assume that I CAN RE-POST the PRIVATE ANSWERS that I received. If any
of the authors wishes me to not republish their messages or part of them, or
wish to remain anonymous, please let me know separately. ***

Most of the answers, of course, are contained in Magda Danish's yet
unpublished summary of Unicode history. When the case, I will simply refer
to "the Unicode history on the Unicode web site"; everybody will be able to
read it as soon as it will be completed and published.

_ Marco