RE: Beta version

From: Kent Karlsson (kentk@md.chalmers.se)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 04:47:01 EST

> > Of course, e.g., a, <a, small-e-above>, and a should be
> ordered the same
> > at the primary level for the Nordic languages.
>
> "ä", "æ", "a ¨-above", and "a e-above" should all be sorted
> the same in
> Swedish, no matter whether they're written in capital or
> small letters. Of
> course (?), the "e-above" should always be a small "e". "a
> e-above" should
> not be sorted as "a", as you stated above.

Ooops. I wish I could completely disable "US-ASCII" in the mailer!

What I originally wrote and meant, before the mail program mangled it,
was in accordance whith what Stefan says here (resending in UTF-8):

Of course, e.g., ä, <a, small-e-above>, and æ should be ordered the same
at the primary level for the Nordic languages.

                /kent k

PS (with regard to the related issue with Vietnamese)

Notice how the UCA (UTS 10) requires that <a, dot-below, ring-above>
be ordered at the primary level as an a (<a, ring-above>), when å is
tailored at the primary level (e.g. to be near the end of the alphabet),
but the dot is a secondary level difference. (Unfortunately, 14651 does
not make the same requirement...)