Keyboard mapping on Windows XP?

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 11:31:53 EST

Recently I got Windows XP. Now I need to "fix" the keyboard.

On Windows 98 I used to use the great ZDKeyMap utility (a virtual driver
available at zdnet.com) to remap several keys on my keyboard. This utility
doesn't work with Windows XP.

Does anyone out there have a keyboard re-mapping utility -- free or cheap
or even expensive! -- that works for Windows XP.

Thanks,
        Rick

P.S. I've looked around a bit on the Net and did come up with "Remapper
XP" utility, but it only swaps Control with CapsLock. If anyone knows how
to swap the Escape and Tilde/Backquote keys, I'd be much obliged for info!