Re: Please help: Unicode sig in Hotmail

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 17:39:42 EDT

No idea what everyone is complaining about. I just did the following:

1) Copied the text of http://www.trigeminal.com/samples/provincial.html to
the clipboard.
2) Pasted it into notepad so I could get plain text without the embedded
fonts.
3) Created a hotmail message (using UTF-8 ncoding, obviously)
4) sent to an Exchange Server e-mail account, another hotmail account, and a
regular pop3 account.
5) From each of the above accounts, I replied back to the original hotmail
account.

I had NO problems seeing the full text of the email in any of the above
cases -- so Hotmail seems to have no problems whatsoever with UTF-8 text.

Same results when I sent via Outlook Express hotmail connection rather than
the web site.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc. -- http://www.trigeminal.com/