RE: SCSU compression (WAS: RE: Thai word list)

From: Yves Arrouye (yves@realnames.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 16:47:07 EDT

> This looks like a nice endorsement of SCSU:

:D

> It saves 59% just as a charset,
> and it saves almost 20% in a system with a "real compression".

I am all for SCSU as a charset (after my tools can view it properly), but
that was not the use there. OTOH there is gzip encoding in HTTP 1.1 :)
Seriously, SCSU is fine for some uses, but in this example, was definitely
not the best way to appreciate a reduction in file size.

By the 20% you mean an additional 20% by doing SCSU+gzip versus just gzip,
right?

YA