Re: browsers and unicode surrogates

From: Stefan Persson (alsjebegrijptwatikbedoel@yahoo.se)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:03:59 EDT

 --- Tex Texin <texin@progress.com> skrev: > Jungshik
Shin,

> Opera 6 lists UTF-16 as an encoding. Netscape 6.2
> lists UTF-16LE. IE 6
> does not list any UTF other than UTF-8. I haven't
> noticed any encodings
> becoming available or unavailable when I access
> pages with different
> encodings, but maybe there is a configuration
> setting that determines
> this behavior.

IE 5 supports more encodings than listed. For example,
the western European DOS encoding is supported (though
not selectable). However, such web pages will *only*
be displayed properly if they contain a <META> tag
specifying that the encoding is ibm850. JIS is not
selectable, but will work if a <META> tag is on the
page, or if "Japanese (Auto-select)" is chosen from
the encoding list.

Stefan

Hitta snörapporter...
från 500 olika skidorter i Europa