Re: browsers and unicode surrogates

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 11:07:40 EDT

Thanks Stefan, that's good to know.
Seems a bit odd to hide the encoding abilities, especially when there is
already a "more" menu pick...

thanks for the info.
tex

Stefan Persson wrote:

> IE 5 supports more encodings than listed. For example,
> the western European DOS encoding is supported (though
> not selectable). However, such web pages will *only*
> be displayed properly if they contain a <META> tag
> specifying that the encoding is ibm850. JIS is not
> selectable, but will work if a <META> tag is on the
> page, or if "Japanese (Auto-select)" is chosen from
> the encoding list.
>
> Stefan

> Hitta snörapporter...
> från 500 olika skidorter i Europa
> på http://se.snow.yahoo.com

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    the Progress Company
Tel: +1-781-280-4271         http://www.progress.com
"The world writes in my database!" Progress Exchange 2002
http://www.progress.com/exchange/labs.htm#globalization
A compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/unicode-example-intro.html