Re: Combining half rings?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 20:09:26 EDT

At 16:11 5/15/2002, Rick McGowan wrote:

>I think what you're seeing is probably just a glottal stop, and
>to-the-right-of would be as good as above. I.e., it's a glyphic variation
>of iota with half-ring after it... That's just my gut reaction. Can these
>scholars point to published usage in this manner?

They have an existing font, SemiticaDict from Linguist Software, that has
been used in the Logos Library System. I'll check with my correspondents
and the guys at Logos to see how they are using this glyph and what it is
meant to represent.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

It would be nice if liturgical changes could only be made official by
having them hand-written on vellum, in Latin, and delivered by
sandalled friars travelling on foot. Then there would only be a handful
of changes in any one lifetime, and I could probably keep up with them.
                                        - Tom, quoted on Between Naps