Re: Hexadecimal characters.

From: Tom Finch (thinkit8@lycos.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 19:17:30 EDT

--

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:00:15 Eric Muller wrote: >For the scripts which have their own digits, are there conventions to >write hexadecimal numbers with those digits? If I read a Devanagari text >book, will I see "20A7", or "२०?७" (where "?" stands for whatever is >used for A)? > >Thanks, >Eric.

These would remain decimal. Some scripts have numerals beyond 0-9 already, but those are part of the tradition associated with it. For instance Mayan or Sumerian would have numerals beyond ten (if they were to be included in Unicode).

_________________________________________ Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE! http://mail.lycos.com/