Re: Rotated Glyphs

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 14:49:55 EDT

Frank da Cruz wrote:

> The traditional solution for CJK terminal emulation is a "duospaced" font, in
> which the {K,H}an{j,z}i are double-width, the rest are single-width. I'm not
> aware of any such font for Windows, although I think there is one for Linux

I am using fonts from Agfa/Monotype: "Monotype Duospace Sans WT J" and "Thorndale Duospace WT J".
Don't know if they are generally available.

With the first font in Notepad (Win2k) I just verified that a line of "abcd" appears as wide as a line of "三上" in the same document. (I hope I can send these <4E09 4E0A> via NS 6.2.)

markus