Acrobat, Unicode, Advanced usage

From: Tex Texin (
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 15:34:11 EDT

I was about to purchase Acrobat to make some pdfs of files that make
advanced usage of Unicode, and then it occured to me I don't know that
much about Acrobat's technology. Does it work from the graphical images
produced by other programs and turn them into PDF format or does it get
more involved with other applications' file formats and do its own

Since I am not using fonts that came with the products, and using some
of the more exotic languages, I want to make sure that either Acrobat
will be able to use these as well, and render the files correctly, or it
will use the images produced by other programs (IE, Word, etc.), in
which case it shouldn't require any special features (e.g. surrogate

Feel free to email me privately, I can post a summary of comments to the

Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898
Xen Master
Making e-Business Work Around the World