Re: Japanese Web pages in Unicode?

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 17:34:17 EDT

John H. Jenkins scripsit:

> And isn't there a language used quite a bit just south of the English
> channel for which Latin-1 isn't really adequate? A minor, obscure
> language, I think. Fr-something.

What's the problem? Y with diaeresis is a most marginal letter, and
oe-ligature is a mandatory ligature in French, and thus ought to be
done automatically by a well-tuned French font, no?

--
John Cowan   <jcowan@reutershealth.com>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
"One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big