Re: FW: Inappropriate Proposals FAQ

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 11:07:47 EDT

William Overington had written:

Michael Everson wrote:
> That, and the fact that it hasn't been deciphered.

Which implies that you really cannot tell what constitutes a character,
in that script, nor its writing-direction.

William Overington had written:
> I noticed in particular that the characters are non-contiguous within

> themselves.

This is not enough to decide what constitutes a character. E. g. the
cyrillic character "Ы" is non-contiguous; in the Latin script, when
"f" and "l" are ligated, they still constitute two characters.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz