Re: Unicode Devanagari Font in Mozilla

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 08:46:48 EDT

From: "Michael Jansson" <mjan@em2-solutions.com>

> OK, I managed to ensure that with my own Win9x machine.
> How do I ensure that <snip silly faux logic>

Amzing how I give two fonts that each support a large subrange of Unicode,
and then for the sake of disproving my point, you choose to

(a) ignore the smallest of the two fonts
(b) ignore the fact that these are EXAMPLES and that there may be others

Thankfully, I think the people on the list are smart enough to understand
this attempt at arguing against a point on the basis of the 23mb download.
And they will understand it is not really proof of anything at all, except
your belief that people are more easily fooled than they probably are?

> > Well, I suppose they can always turn to Fairy, right? <g,d&r>

> Actually, I would hope that they would give their web browser
> vendor a hard time. It would make both mine (as one of the
> developer behind FAIRY and WEFT) and web users life a lot
> easier.

In the meantime, people who have other solutions will not have to commit the
previously mentioned hari kari -- since those other solutions are just
that -- OTHER SOLUTIONS. We love evety single one of them for trying --
though is any one of them chooses to continually (and transparently)
badmouth the others, our collective opinions will have to take this into
account, k? ;-)

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc. -- http://www.trigeminal.com/