Re: Unicode certification - was RE: Dublin Conference/Standard Disclaimer

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 06:21:42 EDT

Arsa James Kass wrote:
> Any series of books which begins with the complete destruction
> of Earth is bound to be amusing, eh?
>
> Best regards,
>
> James Kass.

Book 4 deals more with the creation of a new/alternative earth, James!
In any case, as this is way off-topic, might I bring it back, via my
earlier suggestion, as elaborated on by David Possin (below).

It's perfectly acceptable for Unicode to confine itself to providing
tables as touchpoints for those (its consortium members and others)
actually making builds implementing principles set out in its publication.

It would not require the whole consortium to get involved in the
minutiae of what David describes below (a couple of boys in a backroom
could do it) via a sort of Tucows site set up, giving Unicode-friendly
ratings, or even broad compliance with MES/BMP/whatever, with no
guarantee of performance, beyond what David has indicated.

Sounds like a real time-saver, or is that a real-time saver?:-)

mg

--
Marion Gunn * E G T (Estab.1991) vox: +353-1-2839396 * mgunn@egt.ie
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn; Baile an Bhóthair; Contae Átha Cliath; Éire