God's and devil's details (was: Re: Unicode certification - quote correction and attribution)

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 17:19:41 EDT

[Tex Texin]

> Actually, (or so I have heard) it is "God dwells in the details of our
> work", I have seen it attributed to Einstein, more generally to shakers,
> and others. So Ludwig might have been quoting others.

[Ken Whistler]

> > > And the devil is in the details. Looking a bit at your suggestions,

[James Agenbroad]

> > No, "God is in the details" Ludiwg Mies van der Rohe (1886-1969) said.

And the Word Court rules:

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/01/001wordcourt.htm

And since I'd rather be associated with the likes of Einstein,
Flaubert, and van der Rohe than Nitze, Reagan, and Perot, maybe
I'll shift back to "God is in the details".

--Ken

Der lieber Gott lebt im Detail.
Le bon Dieu est dans le detail.