Re: Western Europe and 1252

From: Herman Ranes (herman@iet.hist.no)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 06:15:37 EDT

Bonġu

There is a (possibly unofficial/archaic?) Basque orthography that
contains the letters Ń ń Ŕ ŕ, which are not covered by windows-1252.
‘Dotted’ Irish (which is not official) is also not in windows-1252.

Maltese is a Southern European language, its alphabet is in
ISO-8859-3. Today, ISO-8859-3 is in practice used only for Maltese and
Esperanto (and those two languages in multi-language texts with
English and/or German).

Ĝis,
HR

Martin Kochanski skreiv:

--
Herman Ranes                Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
                             Avdeling for teknologi