Re: Taboo Variants

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 13:54:26 EDT

"John H. Jenkins" wrote:

> Of course, using the taboo variant selector is about as vague as an
> IDC, so it doesn't make that much difference.

Actually, on second thoughts, why do we need a taboo variant selector when we already have generic
variation selectors (U+FE00 through U+FE0F) ? The Standardized Variants document
<http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/StandardizedVariants.html> states :

<quote>
Han Variants
At this time no Han variants exist. When they do, a table will be inserted here.
</quote>

Surely if there ever was a place to put taboo-form variants, this is it.

Andrew C. West
<http://uk.geocities.com/babelstone1357/>