RE: New version of TR29:

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 12:09:42 EDT

Mark Davis wrote:
> Feedback that is received before the UTC meeting (starting
> August 20) can be made available for the discussion of
> TR29 at that meeting.

The handling of apostrophe is not satisfactory for French and Italian, as
the document itself acknowledges.

The solution proposed in UTR#29 is tailoring, but French and Italian are so
widespread languages, and so frequently quoted in other languages, that I
think it could make sense to try and fit them in the *default* definition of
the algorithm.

I know that having this accepted won't be so easy, but I am so tired of
system which cannot properly move cursor or count words in my own language,
that I thought it was worth trying.

The attached HTML file describes the proposed changes.

_ Marco